Saturday, April 7, 2012

A Post After A Slumber

*Yawns*
*Looks around*
Tempted to go back to sleep.
Sigh.
*Wakes up*
Good day, Sunshine!

A Little Something:
Maybe I'm exaggerating things a little bit, but I feel like I'm changing a lot. Physically, I've managed a feat I never thought possible. I've shed 10 kilos *pride*. Mentally, I'm seeing people, past their masks. I've managed to, in only 8 months, become friends with, respect, be amazed, get inspired by, lose respect and develop anger towards the same person, in that order. This has never happened before to me. And for my sake, I hope it never does. This person and I may not be on great terms with, but I got to say, I'm grateful to her.

New Year's Blues:
A little something I typed out on New Year's 2012 on my phone:
From the amber in the past, rises a giant magnificent flame in the present, shining light, the giant, magnificent, vicious flame that is hope.

Bullshit:
For the people around me who believe their agenda is to make me resemble the female human being more than I do now, I always knew I should be just as much female as I am. This is what I ought to be; this is what people hope I am :)

One More Year Later:
Two years ago, I thought this nation was too obsessed with IITJEE.
Last year I thought this nation was too obsessed with IITJEE.
This year I think this nation is too obsessed with IITJEE.
I am, although, guilty of the charges I hold against the nation. I am re-taking IITJEE.
Why? The truth is, I can't believe I failed an exam. I need my ego back. Either I win it back or I lose more ego and hope to win it back in the greater agenda of things.

On The Brighter Side:
On the brighter side of things, I have managed to successfully rediscover my love for science in general and physics and calculus in particular. I have realised that this love for Physics and Calculus will never die in me. These are my true love. Paraphrasing what Lord Tennyson said, wrote rather: For men may come and men may go, but Physics and Calculus go on forever :)  

The Probability Of Death Paradox:
Some of my friends have had the opportunity to hear of this theory I developed a while ago. I don't know if I digitalised it. I don't think so. But I believe I should because it is sort of a genius, if I may say so :D

At any given instant, the number of ways you can die = ~(infinite)
That is, sample space S = ~
Event E: The event of you dying.
You can only die once. You can't, for instance, die of poisoning and then get stabbed to death. This basically means out of the infinite ways you can die, you will actually die in only one way.
That is, E = 1
Thus calculating the probability of your death at any given instant,
P(E) = E/S = 1/~ = 0
Voila! The probability that you will die at any given instant is... *drum roll* ZERO! *Ba dum tsss*

So the paradox here is, is math deceiving us, because we do die, or is this just one of the paradoxes in science?

*Looks back at work done*
Wow. That's a lot of force. Shouldn't exert myself the day before the battle to win back my ego.
End of post.
Going back to slumber.
Arthi

4 comments:

  1. flaw in ur theory, u r calculating the probability of dying a particular way..FOR probability of dying..S=no of ways u can die+no of ways u cant die at any instant.E=no. of ways u can die.
    So probability is 1/2.As,if u take no.of ways u can die as infinity,thn no of ways u cant die at any instant is also infinity :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. nd i understand u better from this post :D u hav shared half the feelings tht kept tormenting me for the past yr,nd i'm apprehensive of losing sanity now :D :P

    ReplyDelete